MACC@WestEd draws from a vast network to garner research-based information on behalf of our states. Support comes from our partners in the federally funded assistance network as well as organizations with expertise in specialized areas. Selected resources by priority area:
U.S. Department of Education
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) – This site will provide updates on the new education law and highlight available resources related to it and its implementation.
- Email Updates About ESSA – This site allows users to subscribe for email updates on ESSA.
- Any questions about ESSA can be sent to email@example.com.
Common Core Standards and Aligned Assessments
- Center on Standards and Assessment Implementation
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- Student Achievement Partners
- Alliance For Excellent Education
- K-12 Center at ETS
Great Teachers and Leaders
Enhancing Early Learning Outcomes
- Center on Enhancing Early Learning Outcomes
- National Institute for Early Education Research
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Zero to Three
College and Career Readiness and Success
- Center on College and Career Readiness and Success
- Achieve, Inc.
- Education Policy Improvement Center
- College Readiness Indicator System Network
Scaling Up Innovations in Learning
- Center on Innovations in Learning
- NIRN – The National Implementation Research Network
- State Implementation & Scaling Up of Evidence-Based Practices Center
- Center on School Turnaround
- Public Impact
- The University of Virginia’s Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education
State Capacity and Productivity
Data Based Decisions
- Data For Decisions at WestEd
- Data Quality Campaign
- Turning Data Into Action
- Transforming Data to Information in Service of Learning
Other Sources of Help and Information
We also contact our colleagues in other federally funded technical assistance centers for help locating resources to address our states’ particular needs. Information about those Centers is available here.
Ten Regional Educational Laboratories work in partnership with states, local districts and others to use data and research to improve academic outcomes for students. Information about them is available here.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Education supports The What Works Clearinghouse as a source of scientific evidence for what works in education, and supported Doing What Works, an online library of practices and programs that have evidence of effectiveness, as well as examples of ways educators might apply such interventions.