Needs assessments and strategic planning at the SEA and LEA levels
Delaware Report Card Revision
The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) strives to enable parents, community members, and other stakeholders to access clear, robust, and timely information about student and school performance per ESSA requirements. In collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders, DDOE is reevaluating how performance data is currently reported and subsequently redeveloping how such data is shared.
- Design and carry out a series of stakeholder feedback opportunities (including five face-to-face community conversations throughout Delaware)
- Document the major themes and lessons learned from these events
- Identify opportunities for interviews and focus groups
- Consult with the DDOE on report design
- Assist the DDOE as it completes final preparations to launch the new reports
ESSA Implementation Strategic Planning
Upon approval of its ESSA State Plan, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) shifted its focus to developing an implementation plan, grounded in the Center on School Turnaround’s Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement. This included orienting a wide range of agency staff to participate in providing technical assistance for schools identified for comprehensive or targeted support and improvement. The DDOE cross-agency team will work to ensure that identified schools receive the support they need to improve student outcomes.
- Help design agendas and related materials for cross-agency meetings
- Facilitate bi-monthly cross-agency meetings focused on implementing a continuous improvement cycle to identify, implement, assess, and refine high-leverage action steps and strategies
- Hold bi-weekly planning and check-in calls with DDOE leadership to track progress and make any necessary interim adjustments
- Identify tools, resources, needs assessments, and research-based/evidence-based strategies
- Review draft agency documents and provide feedback for improvement in sending clear and consistent messages to stakeholders